Glove Steaming: The Only Way To Feel Game-Ready
By choosing glove steaming at checkout, you’ve not only purchased a great new baseball glove, but also permitted us to make it almost game day ready. You won’t have to spend hours shaping and forming it, or worry about breaking it in the wrong way. It will be soft, flexible and ready to adapt to your specific hand and catching style. The glove steaming process gives new meaning to the phrase minimal break in time. With our service, there is virtually no break-in time required.
Here’s how it works:
- The process begins by modestly applying a conditioner to your glove that will open up the pores to help soften the leather.
- The glove is then placed in our steamer for several minutes, where water is heated to 145°F to create steam which permeates the leather, making it soft and malleable.
- Next, our technicians use a wooden mallet to pound the glove at specific breaking points and form a proper pocket. Each glove is broken in differently depending on the position.
- A special cream is applied to your glove to seal in the hydration and close the pores. This coating also creates a protective layer that prolongs the life of your glove and keeps your glove soft and flexible.
- Securing a ball inside the newly formed pocket represents the finishing touch. Your now game day ready glove is set to be shipped to your door. Once it arrives, we recommend using a glove cream and playing catch so the glove adapts to your specific hand and catching style.
Note: We do not accept returns on gloves that have been steamed. Also, not all gloves should be steamed. Look for “Glove Steaming available” as the last bullet in the highlights portion of the product page to find out if your glove can be steamed.